Some days I feel called for something bigger. Like being a missionary in another country. Or adopting a ton of kids. Other days I feel like I am where I am meant to be. And it all reality, I am leaving it up to God to guide me. I am praying that I can be obedient and LISTEN. That listening part is hard for me. Listening requires that we quiet our heart and minds long enough to recognize the God whispers of life.
Today I had a whisper.
One of my students stands right by me outside after school. EVERY day. He looked up at me and asked "Will you be here forever?" I was a little confused. I asked him what he meant. He said "Will you still be here when we get bigger?" I said that I hoped I would so that I could see how they grew. This was a God whisper.
A student drawing hearts by my name. A student saying that they want to teach first grade. These are the God moments that I am able to recognize.
Sure, some not so great things happened today too. Some dark things that make you wonder where childhood has gone. But overall I am going to recognize God's glory and choose to stand in awe of it.
No comments:
Post a Comment