The 8th grade game was rough. They were nervous and it showed. I was frustrated big time. But I need to remember that it is about having fun and TEACHING. Teaching optimism, teaching perseverance, teaching skills.
The 7th grade game was as I expected. 29-4. I was shocked that we even scored points! But they are so positive and I LOVE that about them. They never gave up.
I take losing hard. I have trouble finding the balance of seeing that it is just a "game", but also wanting to be competitive. So we will press on.
I just got an email from Curtis. He received an email already from the coach of the team the 8th grade played. He said that when his daughter fell down, one of the girls on our team helped her up and asked if she was ok. He was so impressed by this. God just smacked me in the face with this one. It's as if he was saying "Don't you see. It's about love. It's what I command you. Love your neighbor as yourself." At the end of it all, life is about how we make others feel. And I couldn't be prouder :)
No comments:
Post a Comment