Thursday, December 15, 2011

Blessings.

A day full of blessings. Children ready to learn. Children singing and dancing. Children treating each other with kindness. Children being kids.

There is a 4th grade teacher at school that I really admire. She has amazing rapport with her kids and a passion for this job despite teaching almost 10 years. Last week she did meditation with her class and gave me the link. I've done it for 10 minutes the past 2 days and it has been incredible. So often the days and their lives are loud, busy, fast paced. It was amazing to watch them lay down, close their eyes and slow down. When I asked them afterwards how they felt, one child said it felt like he was in another world.

I asked him what he wanted for Christmas this year. He said clothes and new shoes. White and blue shoes. A six year old child wanting clothes for Christmas.

After school a group of middle school students and myself went over to a home for the disabled and elderly to deliver Christmas cards. Many of these people were homebound and rarely left. I went around to the rooms with 2 8th grade girls. They did an incredible job of being confident and hospitable. It was no neat to watch. One lady was so surprised that someone had made a card for her. Another man barely opened the door and you could tell that door hadn't been opened for a while. I seriously saw the love of Christ being shared tonight. I don't know if I've seen it so obvious like that before. Perhaps I just have my eyes and heart open more.

A day of absolute blessings and privileges. A God who could save the world is allowing me to be a part of His glory and love.

No comments:

Post a Comment