Sunday, December 18, 2011

Orphans and widows.

My favorite Bible verse is the one about true religion.  True religion is caring for orphans and widows in need and not being polluted by the world.  The second part has become much easier for me.  The first part is slowly being revealed to me.  While orphan usually means a child without parents I am also seeing that orphan can mean a child whose parents are not emotionally present.  Children who are neglected.  Children who are not being parented.  I don't know when or why the idea of foster care popped into my head, but it did.  And I don't know exactly why I decided to call and sign up for a meeting, but I did.  And I don't know exactly why I actually went to the information meeting, but I did.  And when I got there I was forever changed.  So many kids needing a temporary place to live and be loved.  And I can do that.  I may not be the prototype for a foster home, but I have love and Jesus.  So now I just fill out the paperwork.  I guess if the paperwork goes through then God has made it clear this is how I will care for the orphans and if not maybe he has other plans.

No comments:

Post a Comment