Finding our life's purpose is really quite simple. It's in the Bible. Feed those that are hungry. Clothe those that are naked. Love God and love your neighbor as yourself.
I feel more and more like I am falling into the path God wants for me. God is transforming my desires into HIS desires. No longer do I want to do things for myself. I want to be with others, loving others. And usually the others are the disadvantaged.
On Friday I delivered some keys to one of the kids homes so that they could get in their house. There had been a miscommunication with their sister, so they would have no way to get in. She didn't want them to be cold and had no way to get the keys to them. So I went. They were standing outside. I can't imagine what they were thinking. It was cold and they had no way in. They were happy and surprised to see us. It was a quick encounter. I would want someone to help me in my house if I was cold. It is that simple.
I am still unsure why God has given my heart so much love for this child. I love them all, but it is different. I will continue to be faithful to God and keep my eyes open to the opportunities he is placing in front of me. I will continue to say YES.
No comments:
Post a Comment